Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"Dr. Lena, I know you have treats hidden here somewhere!"







Well we had our weekly acupuncture session with "Doctor Lena" today and I am happy to report he is doing well and continues to make progress. Today's session went a little different... Buddy was more interested in exploring the treatment room in search of Lena's stash of doggie treats than he was the acupuncture itself. Last week Buddy was very serious and focused on his treatment but this week he seem just not all that interested. Those of you who really know me, know how I felt about this.... I was like "Buddy, this is costing me a fortune, now pay attention and focus darn it!" (Just kidding Dr. Lena, you are worth every penny and then some!!!)

On a more serious note, Lena says Buddy's reaction to today's treatment is a good sign that he feels better and is healing. Other good news is that he is starting to go "potty" on his own, and when he does need help, I can feel him pushing along with me to help out. He cannot control where and when he goes yet, but that's ok, he applied for and was granted special permission to break the rules until he is all better.

Starting tomorrow I will the gradual process of taking him off the steroid treatment. This is done by gradually reducing his dosage over several weeks to encourage his body to start producing the chemicals/hormones/whatever on it's own. This treatment cannot be stopped all at once.

Thank you everyone for your love, support and wonderful comments here on Buddy's Blog. When I get discouraged and tired of smelling like dog pee (Michele you know what I mean sister!); I look at what you all have written and gather the strength to grab the mop & carpet fresh! Cheers!


These were taken today January 30, 2007 - Click on the pictures & they will expand to full size - Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Boys!

Glad to hear Buddy is responding well! & Hang in there & light a candle...nothing like the house smellin like a urinal! Won't be long & he'll be back to piddlin outside!

Take Care,

Love Ya all

Michele

Anonymous said...

Mark,

I know it's frustrating, but when he looks into your eyes and shows you his love, you know it's all worth it. I'll be sure to let you know if you smell .... :)
Love ya,
Jeanette

Anonymous said...

Hello Mark,Buddy & Franks!

Buddy we are so proud of you, keep snooping for those treats you are working so hard, we knew you could do this!!! We send lots of prayers, hugs and kisses to you from sunny Palm Springs.

Love,
Aunt Mo,Uncle Gregg, Max, Dakota and baby Rall